Business Success Series
The Chamber’s Program Committee offers a series of learning exchanges for small business owners and their staff. The Business Success Series shares best practices for sales & branding, customer service, social media, financial performance and accounting. Each session is facilitated by a local subject matter expert that knows what it takes to succeed in Harbor Country.
Check back for more details on these 2017 sessions:
- Spring Business Success Round-Up March 21, 8:30-10:30 am, Four Winds Casino, 11111 Wilson Rd, New Buffalo
- Spring Business Success Round-Up March 23, 5:30-7:30 pm, HC Chamber, 15311 Three Oaks Rd, Three Oaks
- Improve Your Social Media Skills April 20, 8:30-10:30 am, HC Chamber, 15311 Three Oaks Rd, Three Oaks
Cornerstone Alliance Workshops
The Chamber also sponsors workshops in partnership with Cornerstone Alliance Small Business Services and the Women’s Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance. These are hands-on sessions that provide training on Quickbooks, cash flow management, business planning and marketing.
Check back for Fall 2017 workshop schedule
Lunch & Learns
In partnership with the Rotary Club of Harbor Country, Lunch & Learns explore a topic of interest to business and the community. All sessions are held at the Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce office from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Free admission and open to the public with an optional $10 lunch. The 2017 schedule includes:
- New Buffalo Township’s Glassman Park Improvements January 11, with Patrick Donnelly, NB Township Parks Director
- Food Hubs & Food Sheds January 18, with Mariel Borgman, Community Food Systems Educator, MSU Extension
- Lake Michigan College Business Services, February 28, with Debbie Gillespie, Director of Workforce Outreach; Chris Woodruff, Hospitality Program Director; Chef Luis Amado, Culinary Program Director and Mike Moyer, Wine & Viticulture Technology Program Director
- War Dogs Making It Home, May 10, with Heather Anderson, Director of Fundraising
All sessions require pre-registration via the Chamber’s Event Registration System.