It’s been a bit of a crazy winter in Harbor Country. The mild weather in November and December was good for business. At the Chamber office, we continued to welcome visitors from near and far who were looking for help in planning family reunions and girls’ getaways. Not so much in January and February!
As we head into Spring, we’re looking forward to welcoming new businesses and exciting new expansions. Here’s a sample of what’s happening in Spring:
- Ghost Isle Brewery, New Buffalo – a full scale brewery and restaurant overlooking what long time residents know as Ghost Island with sweeping views from the outdoor patio, operated by the Sima family.
- New Buffalo Beach Club, New Buffalo – an exciting new venture at the New Buffalo beach with food, beach game rentals, live music on weekends and sunset shrimp boils
- Villa Nova Pizza, New Buffalo – an all new family-friendly outdoor bar and patio to enjoy the #1 rated tavern style pizza from ABC Chicago’s Hungry Hound
- Skip’s Restaurant & Catering, New Buffalo – the always innovative Rhonda Sobecki is developing a program for a Skip’s shuttle service for winery/brewery tours
- The Peasant’s Pantry, Sawyer – the popular one-year old café and deli has expanded its offerings to include wine and beer
- Froehlich’s Kitchen & Pantry, Three Oaks – the long anticipated new restaurant from Colleen Froehlich with event space and a Beverage Boutique
- Cooper’s Corner, Three Oaks – a complete renovation of the long-time corner store and expansion of deli to include pizza and fresh salads
- Flagship Specialty Foods & Fish Market, Lakeside – Harbor Country’s premier fish purveyor is expanding to a second location in Benton Harbor
- Hummingbird Fashions, Bridgman – a new women’s fashion boutique with jewelry made by local artists
This year, the Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce is celebrating Spring in a big way. We’re throwing a party! The Spring Break-Out Party & Guide Unveiling will take place March 28, 6-9pm at Journeyman Distillery’s Warren Hall. The evening includes a first-look at the 2019 Harbor Country Guide, entertainment by the Main Street Dueling Pianos, food, and drink. The public is invited to join in the fun as we usher in the season. More information and ticket purchase available here or by calling 269-469-5409.
We hope to see you there!