A Letter To Our Members
Dear Chamber Members,
As events continue to unfold during the COVID-19 crisis and we adjust to life in these unprecedented circumstances, we wanted to provide an update on what we are working on here at the Harbor Country® Chamber of Commerce.
The physical Chamber office is closed and will remain so until we receive direction from State officials that it is safe to re-open. We are continuing the work of the Chamber with staff working remotely and meetings continuing as scheduled but conducted virtually. All mixers, ribbon-cuttings, and other in-person events have been canceled until further notice. We will keep you updated on our ongoing work via emails, our website, and social media during this time.
First, we’d like to emphasize that we are strictly adhering to the directives and recommendations of our State and local officials during this time to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our community. We encourage all of you to do the same. The only way we can end this situation more quickly and minimize the damage it will cause is by working together.
Second, we recognize that this is a bad situation, and that many of you are under immense stress right now. Please know that we are here for you. We can help you find resources or put you in contact with other members who might help you with specific issues. Please reach out to us with questions, requests, useful information or services you can provide, or just to let us know how you are doing. The best way to contact our staff is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are several specific things we are working on now:
- Staff is working diligently to provide helpful resources via our website (harborcountry.org), e-newsletters and social media. We are all monitoring various news and information websites and social media accounts for useful information for our members. However, if you see something that we may have missed, please contact us and let us know.
- We are creating industry-specific Peer Networking Groups that will give you a space to problem-solve issues, exchange ideas, and convey concerns relevant to your category of business or organization with other Chamber members. Look for an email about this from one of us very soon.
- In partnership with The Pokagon Fund, we are setting up a series of interactive webinars featuring local experts to help you navigate through this difficult business climate.
- We are developing a comprehensive marketing campaign to attract tourists back to Harbor Country, to be launched as soon as the Stay at Home Executive Order is fully lifted, and we are given the green light to re-open businesses and encourage visitors.
- At the same time, we are creating a second campaign geared towards local residents encouraging them to spend locally wherever possible, in an effort to “trap” dollars in our local economy and help speed its recovery.
Finally, we wanted to thank you all for your support of the Chamber. You are the backbone of our community, and you are what makes Harbor Country such a wonderful place to live, work and play. Our highest priority for the remainder of this year is to help you get through this challenging time. We are stronger together.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com. Please stay safe and well.
Harbor Country Chamber Board of Directors
15311 Three Oaks Rd, Three Oaks, MI 49128
The Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce is a 501c(6) corporation, established in 1981 to represent the eight communities of Michiana, Grand Beach, New Buffalo, Union Pier, Lakeside, Harbert, Sawyer and Three Oaks. With a rich heritage of leadership and collaboration, the Chamber works in partnership with local municipalities to advocate for business in the area and lead economic development efforts to make Harbor Country a premier place to live, work, and play.